Almost 60 million people live in the northeastern US, or nearly a fifth of the population of the entire country. For those looking to ship quickly to customers between Pennsylvania and Maine, finding a 3PL in New York state with excellent shipping and logistics makes a lot of sense. A well-located northeastern warehouse can enable a business to quickly ship to customers in major cities including New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia, providing expedited shipping and same-day delivery options.
Read more about 3PLs and warehouses in NYC, Brooklyn, and Long Island.
Read more about fulfillment and 3PLs in Buffalo.
This list focuses primarily on boutique, local 3PLs offering a diverse range of 3PL services like order fulfillment, ecommerce fulfillment, warehouse management, and inventory management. These companies excel in one or more of the following areas:
- Quality of service and/or good reviews
- Prime warehouse locations
- Value-added services like order accuracy and real-time inventory management
1. KPM Logistic Partners
Need a good warehousing and fulfillment partner? KPM Logistic Partners is a good place to start searching in the New York area. KPM has a lot of warehousing capacity split between North Jersey and Buffalo, NY, giving the company good coverage of the northeastern US.
Among the many benefits of working with KPM, low cost storage is one of the most attractive ones. After all, cost-efficiency is one of the most common reasons to outsource fulfillment to a 3PL, making competitive pricing very important.
KPM Logistic Partners is also able to handle some of the more difficult categories of inventory. That includes big and bulky items, raw materials, and automotive parts. They also provide climate-controlled storage.
Another big plus for KPM is that they have lots of space for their cross-docking services. For businesses that want to benefit from using a 3PL, this can be very useful when preparing inventory for specialized retail fulfillment needs.
Location: NY, NJ
- Low cost storage.
- Able to ship big and bulky items, raw materials, and automotive parts.
- Cross-docking services.
- Climate-controlled storage.
Website: KPM Logistics Partners
Amazon is, by far, the most popular eCommerce marketplace. Many sellers like to use Amazon for fulfillment since it makes their items eligible for Amazon Prime and because they provide considerable discounts on postage prices. However, Amazon has very stringent requirements for inventory sent to their warehouses and preparing items for Amazon can be a very involved process.
Bllix specializes in Amazon FBA prep. While it is not a good solution for a company seeking a full-service fulfillment center, it is a good option for companies that need to take the hassle out of shipping via Amazon.
Another good thing about Bllix is that they are able to handle big and bulky items, wine and spirits, CBD, nutraceuticals, published materials, and automotive parts. They also have a sizable warehouse and are able to provide secure and long-term storage when the need arises.
Location: Kingston, NY
- Dedicated Amazon FBA prep center.
- Able to handle big and bulky items, wine and spirits, CBD, nutraceuticals, published materials, and automotive parts.
- Also provides secure storage and long-term storage.
Nimble is a next-generation robotic 3PL committed to providing the highest customer satisfaction at industry low costs per unit. Their nation-wide network of robotic fulfillment centers and transportation solutions are able to save brands up to 40% in logistics costs while enabling free 2-day delivery for their customers.
Nimble's robotic technology has picked millions of products across apparel, health & beauty, footwear, accessories, electronics, consumer packaged goods, and nutraceuticals for fortune 500 companies like Puma, Best Buy, and Victoria's Secret, to high-growth brands like Weee!, BlendJet, and Fresh Clean Threads.
- Robotics drive major cost and SLA advantages: Nimble's next-gen robotic fulfillment centers use up to 8X less labor and 4X less space compared to standard manually operated warehouses. Less dependence on labor provides significant cost, reliability, SLA and scalability advantages. Robotic fulfillment minimizes labor challenges allowing Nimble to instantly scale up and down on-demand to handle marketing promotions, sales spikes and peak season by simply turning robots ON or OFF. Robots also enable Nimble to offer multi-year rate locks or even rate decrease as robots become more efficient in stark contrast to existing 3PLs whose rates only increase year over year.
- Sustainability: Nimble's sustainability initiatives reduce carbon footprint through use of right-sized packaging, recyclable materials, efficient all-electric robots and distributed inventory to reduce delivery mileage.
- AI and Robotics Expertise: Nimble's Board of Directors are luminaries in the fields of robotics and AI and include Fei-Fei Li (formerly Google's Chief Scientist of AI and Director of Stanford's AI Lab), Sebastian Thrun (founder of Waymo and Google X, considered the "father of autonomous vehicles") and Marc Raibert (founder of Boston Dynamics)
As a robotic Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider, Nimble is on a mission to offer a fully autonomous logistics service, enabling brands of all sizes access to state of the art automation (without any cap-ex investment required) to provide their customers with fast, top quality service at the lowest costs.
4. Shtiks Inc.
For those seeking a balanced order fulfillment solution, Shtiks Inc. is certainly worth consideration. Shtiks offers a full suite of eCommerce order fulfillment services, including EDI, retail fulfillment, kitting and assembly, subscription boxes, branded packaging, B2B fulfillment, FBA prep, crowdfunding fulfillment, and special project requests. In fact, their website emphasizes their flexibility when it comes to special requests.
Shtiks has a very robust system that can integrate with most major eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Walmart, WooCommerce, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and others. They are also able to fulfill most types of items, including big and bulky items, hazardous materials, food and beverage, wine and spirits, raw materials, and automotive parts.
For store owners seeking a fulfillment center that can help when sales are not great, they also provide secure storage and long-term storage. Because they can handle perishable items, Shtiks also provides temperature controlled storage. Other value-added services include managing FTL & LTL freight, transloading, and cross-docking.
Location: PA, NY
- Full suite of eCommerce order fulfillment services.
- Integrates with nearly every eCommerce channel, including Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Walmart, WooCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
- Able to fulfill big and bulky items, hazmat, food and beverage, wine and spirits, raw materials, and automotive parts.
- Value-added services include secure storage, FTL & LTL freight, transloading, cross-docking, long-term storage, and temperature control.
Website: Shtiks Inc.
5. Astor 3PL LLC
One of the toughest categories of items to find order fulfillment for are the kind found in pharmacies. That’s why Astor 3PL focuses on the distribution and fulfillment of prescription drugs, medical and surgical supplies, over-the-counter medicine, health and beauty products, personal care products, and nutraceuticals.
This is a very specialized order fulfillment center, but could be an excellent fit for certain kinds of businesses. Ecommerce-based health business owners will also be pleased to know that Astor integrates with Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Walmart, WooCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
Location: Holtsville, NY
- Uniquely tailored for prescription drugs and other health products.
- Integrates with all major eCommerce software solutions.
- Also able to handle nutraceuticals, CBD, and some food and beverage products.
Website: Astor 3PL LLC
6. Innovative Warehouse Solutions
For some companies, it does not make sense to work with a traditional 3PL company. A traditional 3PL includes a warehouse or multiple warehouses. This can be good for companies that like building relationships with those fulfilling the orders and having a direct connection when something goes wrong.
Innovative Warehouse Solutions (IWS) is a 4PL. That means they use their software system to find other 3PLs. When you work with IWS, they will help you move your inventory to a warehouse that makes sense for your order fulfillment needs. This can be an excellent fit for businesses that are growing and don’t want to be tied to one particular 3PL.
Location: Farmingdale, NY
- Their 4PL model allows clients to benefit from outsourcing fulfillment without being tied to any specific 3PL.
- The IWS system makes it easy to find 3PLs that can handle a variety of business needs.
Website: Innovative Warehouse Solutions
Outerspace is a highly niche order fulfillment center, but an excellent one for specific brands. First, Outerspace serves businesses which have 20,000 or more orders per month. Most businesses are not eligible to work with Outerspace, but those which can will benefit from their excellent service.
Outerspace assigns a dedicated floor team for each brand they work with. That means every company that works with Outerspace will benefit from high-touch, highly-customized customer service. From there, bespoke solutions are created for each client including custom built tech integrations. They even have on-site embroidery, UV printing, laser engraving, and a full-service photo studio for the creation of marketing materials.
Location: PA, AZ, NJ, NY
- Warehouse locations throughout the country.
- Creates dedicated floor teams specifically to serve each client.
- Bespoke solutions for high volume clients.
Getting Quotes From The Best 3PLs In New York
To get an accurate quote from these 3PLs, it's crucial to provide as much detail as possible about your supply chain needs. This includes specific information about your product catalog, such as the size and weight of your items and orders, the number of SKUs you sell, and your packaging and labeling requirements.
In addition, understanding the distribution channels you're utilizing will also be important. Whether you're engaged in ecommerce distribution, retail distribution, or multi-channel distribution, these factors can significantly impact the services you require from a 3PL.
Furthermore, the location of your customers is an essential factor. If you need expedited shipping, same-day delivery, last-mile delivery, or international shipping, these factors should be disclosed upfront.
If you're looking for specialized services such as contract logistics, freight management, reverse logistics, dropshipping services, demand forecasting, warehouse automation, order consolidation, returns management, or supply chain optimization, it's important to mention these in your request.
You should also discuss whether you require additional services such as pick and pack, bulk storage, order accuracy, real-time inventory management, and supply chain visibility.
Lastly, don't forget to consider future needs. If you're a growing business, you might need services like order processing, inventory tracking, order management, supply chain consulting, or third-party warehousing in the future. It's beneficial to choose a 3PL that can scale with your business.
Most companies will have the ability to submit requests for quotes on their website. But you need to contact multiple 3PLs to find the right one, and that's a repetitive process.
Want to skip the repetition? Get in touch with Fulfill.com and we'll help you start your search free of charge.